View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 08:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Vini,
Unfortunately, he's one of those strong silent types that refuses to ask for help of any kind! Silly man seems to feel that's a sign of weakness. In 33 years of marriage I have had to always just kind of read his needs then I can initiate a discussion about them. In the past he was able to work through things in that way, but I think tbi's make that more difficult from what I've seen. And my current health issues are severe enough that I just don't have the physical or mental strength right now.

I do relay to him the things I've seen re: TBI and PCS on here, though. Even if he won't get on himself, I still think having the information is important to his recovery so he doesn't feel isolated!

Thanks so much for the response. I have decided to go with him, and will be sure to let him know before hand what my intentions are!

Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by vini View Post
hi Becky I take my DW with me to all my appointments but make sure you talk things through with him first ( no surprises ) as to what you want to add , to the consultation with tbi we notice some things ourselves but it is true that many things we don,t depending on the person , it is standard fair to be given antidepressants, but they did not help me, mood swings were exaggerated and cognitive issues got worse , its a strange thing with brain injury that we can plateau stop ,or regress as well progress, stress can be a factor ,I feel as the brain gets over loaded and shuts down or slows up, lifes knock don,t go away as we all know, but antidepressants may work for him , or logging on to NT an expressing his own concerns may help ???