View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 01:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
I can relate to this a lot. First though you are a very kind husband to be reaching out here. My mom and I am 30 but anyhow is my biggest support but other then that and my ex step dad no one calls or checks up on me and when my grandfather for ex does I usually am told why I am not better because I am not doing XYZ or I should be doing something else. I have even been blamed for my rsd and pn because of some past health issues. What I am doing now is trying to focus on the support I do have rather then some who will never understand. For ex my mom does the world for me so I focus on her. Your wife can focus on you. I recently went back to a psych and for 2 years of this I did not want to. My life got to the point where I saw I needed more support. The statement that she fears you may leave her is there any truth to this and if not or if so have you sat down to communicate? I really feel talking about this together is key. The rsd or any major health conditions does take a toll on the whole family and part of coping is to work together and discuss feelings. Could you state to your wife what you stated here? Are there real time support groups in your area for rsd? I know in my area there is one for family and the suffer. I know as I go through this my feelings around my condition and life changes but I am trying to work on feeling those and work on ways for a better quality of life. This is hard of course in flare ups but one day at a time. If you want you can PM or your wife can too. I always like email buddies and really support of others and not isolating can really help.
Thanks for your response daniella! Oh, I've told her over and over again that since you put up with me all these years I will never leave you and said it a 100 times in a 1000 different ways. I've taken control of her treatment in the early days of this disease in that she was getting nowhere. I stepped in, a very angry husband at the doctors, rattled the cage to get her treated NOW! Taken care of getting lawyers, fighting for her SSDI, writing congressmen etc, keeping her standard of living and way of life intact. However, if anything happens to me healthwise, I'd fear for her. She is the shy type and stays to herself somewhat. I've suggest support groups and chatting online but she backs off, which is ok with me but the family thing is important. She will associate with my family and friends but not hers. She's from a good family, good people so the whole thing doesn't square with me at all, both from her and her family. Its been 7 years now that she's had RSD and I'm hoping time will bring them together hopefully. Thanks again daniella and I hope you have a great day!
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote