View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi again. I know that you want the best for your wife and I understand helping your wife with things when she can't but on the things she can I think she needs to be accountable and do. I know it is hard finding a happy medium but really as she sees she can do more it will give her a sense of well being. I know many of us go to extremes where one will not want any help and one person will want too much. It is finding the colors of getting help when need it and also doing on ones own. I know for me as I see I can do more it helps me feel better about myself. I also know that when I first got rsd and pn I was almost ashamed of my limits so I did not open up to many. Now as it has been 2 years I have started to take more chances being open and really it has helped me feel less alone. As I see I do enjoy some things it helps me to push when I can to do other things. Being shy and staying to herself is safe probably and comfortable to her. Pushing through this can create a lot of anxiety but also can really aid in a better life. I have had a lot of therapy so excuse me if this sounds to therapist like but maybe if you ask her what her fears are of seeing her family? What she fears trying a psych because if it does not help she could always quit but it may?What your wife thinks would help her right now to feel more supported and what she needs from her loved ones?Often for myself if I am asked what I need rather then told or nudged it helps me to come around. Does that make sense. Also really you can tell her if she wants an email buddy I am here. I know you said you tried but maybe if you tell her a specific email buddy it may seem less overwhelming. I am sure others here would be happy too. Many thoughts
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote