View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Becky, It's quite frustrating going through the diagnostic process. It sounds like, however, that they are actually doing it well. Maybe not fast enough for you but that's how things go in medicine. It's different in Europe. They do things much more quickly than here in the U.S. Of course, some people would argue with that! Especially some in the U.K.

Do you have short-term or long-term disability insurance through work? If not, look into that. It can give you a bit of an umbrella in case you have to take a leave until you get drugs!

I'm sorry about your husband. TBI is a tough thing to deal with. If he is having new symptoms, he has to be seen. As I'm sure you know, things can change. And a new symptom may not even be related to the TBI. If he has nerve damage of any kind, he may benefit from taking some over-the-counter drugs like B12. I hope you can have a conversation with his doctor(s) about all this. I hope he keeps getting better.

I know it's scary right now, the way the economy is. You can only do what you can do! You KNOW that stress is the enemy of MG so try to just handle what's going on or talk to someone about it (like an expert in savings, etc.).

It'll help having a diagnosis, and drugs, but all the other problems will still be there. The best thing I ever did to cope with all my crap was to get a psychologist. Having as many coping skills as possible helps a lot. It still doesn't stop moments like the one you're having when you want to run away from home! I totally understand that. It sucks having so much going on.

And you named your dog after a plant that could kill you?!!!! Belladonna, really?

I hope you got some more news and test results.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote