View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 05:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Well, after going through all the options in my head all weekend, I decided to start out with a blood test to see where we stand. So I took Picabo to the vet this morning and had bloodwork done. She definitely has chronic renal failure, but her numbers weren't too dreadful, although she had lost weight just since last week when we went for shots. The vet said if she were his cat he would want to try and treat her.

So they gave her 100ccs of fluid sub-q and showed me how it's done. I'm supposed to do it myself tomorrow. Wish me luck with that! She actually got loose even with the vet and assistant holding her and pulled the needle out and they had to re-stick her. There's some life in the old girl yet! She seems a little livlier than usual this afternoon, but boy is she annoyed with me. After the vet was done with her, while we were talking, she jumped down from the exam table, stalked off, and went into her cat carrier. She sat with her back to me all the way home.

I hope I can post a picture of Peek - so far I haven't been able to get any of my photos to post for some reason. She is a very dignified and ladylike cat who can walk across a crowded nightstand without knocking anything off. DH compares her to Grace Kelly.

Thanks to all of you for your support - it was a long, hard weekend. I think deciding what course to take was the hardest part. Once the decision is made, the burden is lightened a great deal.

"Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time, and annoys the pig."
msarkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (04-27-2009), SandyC (04-27-2009)