View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
But it's been like this for years. Only legally allowed to water lawn Tuesdays and Sundays before 10 am,and after 4 pm.

But what is that solving? I mean we won't have water to drink or bathe very soon. They keep on showing us the damn which holds our water supply for the whole of Sydney and it looks almost empty. Very scary!
I know its to stupid for words, the population has been increasing for many years. but no more dams built [ when we had plenty rain ] i reckon its better to have even 10 dams a quarter full than to have 2 or 3 or in Sydney's case one dam nearly empty, why did they not bring the restrictions on a lot earlier when they must have seen the levels dropping and they done nothing about it whats so ever.
I think its stupid to have the major cities only on stage 3 were the biggest water consumption is.
I also reckon its stupid to be using good drinking water to flush our toilets, it should be only grey water hooked up to the systems., just imaging the water savings on that alone with the millions of users per day.
We can only prey for rain and hope someone hears us
all the best
Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote