View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 09:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin Hey Becky!

Hey Becky! When it rains, it pour, huh? I do agree with you that this is my body saying "slow down" and I am going to! I told Dr. I (my favorite Dr.) that I am going to take a leave a absence and relax more around the house! He DID fuss @ me for a bit and told me in no uncertian terms that I need to slow down until I am BETTER - and I will get better - I just know it!

Dr. I really is amazing! I just love that man! He has already promised me that he will never allow me to get as I was again - and he meant it! I made him look me in the eyes and promise me - he did! And he hasn't let me down yet!
I used to resent all of the tests, but now know that he is doing it to keep me healthy - and yes(!) - he is the cutie pie!

I wish you lived here! You would love him! Not a warm and cuddly guy @ first, but I knew I liked him when he gave me that promise; he had tears in his eyes - he really, truly CARES about his patients!

AS for now, I am going to get lots of rest and pray like mad! My pastor did stop by yesterday to pray with me.....I really needed it!

There are so many things that MG has taught me; more empathy, patience, kindness, to TRULY take the time to smell the roses and best of all, I have met the most amazing people! I was so shy b/4 that talking to anyone would make me break out in a sweat, but life is just too short to worry about what others think of me - plus I do realize how blessed and lucky I am to have such amazing friends and dr's!

If I have to have surgery, I will definitely let you know! I need all the help I can get!

Big, big hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras1256 View Post
Girl? What am I goin to do with you, huh? I think your body is just ganging up on you to MAKE you slow down and rest! I just had to play mama for a minute, hope you don't mind!

I'm glad you have such a good doc that listens to you and really checks you out. Is this the cutie pie?

You really need to slow down and take it easy now. If they think you need some kind of spine surgery, Please check out the minimally invasive options. If that comes up, please get in touch with me and I'll give you some direction and links with information about that.

You take care honey. I promise there will be light at the end of the tunnel. You're too young and spunky for all this to keep you down for long!

Loves ya.