Thread: Oral steroids?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 01:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Oral steroids?

Anyone notice any help from a relapse from oral steroids? The past two weeks or so I've noticed my left leg which is my weaker side getting noticably weaker. I also have pain in my sacral area. My word recall has also worsened.

Anyhow, I call the neuro early last week, hear back from his nurse 2 days later. She informs me my neuro is out ( again, I think he's partially retired) until next Monday (today), but that the covering neuro wants me to get a urinalysis first. If it's negative, he said he'll order steroids. So I get the U/A with C &S last week. I got up early this morning and call back for the results. It was negative, so I immediately call the neuro's nurse, tell her the results and my symptoms again. Four or so hours later, I get a call back from my neuro. He said he'd order oral steroids and if they worked we'd know it was the MS causing my symptoms. Huh? I mean I do have mild degenerative changes in my thoracic spine, but that's not new. That showed up in my MRI of the spine back in November. It has been quite hot here,in the 90's the past 3 days or so, which doesn't help things. I've never taken steroids in any form, even though I've been diagnosed 10 years this September, so I'm a bit worried of side effects, if it'll help etc. So again, have any of you taken oral steroids alone and found they helped? Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited by Desinie; 04-28-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: typo
Desinie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote