View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwheat View Post
Dear Dew,

I hope these lines find your pain levels down some. Just a thought they have these walkers with a chair on it.

Some MD's will discourage you from a wheelchair, because they want you to keep moving the limb.

Can you get into pool therapy?

Hugs
I had the pool therapy..after 8 weeks of it..I felt like I was building strength, and then the heater in the pool broke. 8 weeks have passed, and the pool is finally repaired. I know that some of my muscle building has been lost.

Hubby and I will be leaving for AZ this week to be with my sister who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. We will be with sis and her family while she has surgery. My water PT will be put on hold at the Rehab hospital; however, it will continue in my sister's in-ground pool, in her backyard. Sis says the temps are really a dry hot heat, and I can swim day and/or night..so I will be working on me while I am there with her.

I had an opportunity to buy a new walker with the seat, at an auction..for $69.00. I foo-fooed that idea as I thought I would not need it.

Little did I know how RSD throws curve balls when one least expects. My legs have shown deodorization since 11/08, when I started to need crutches. I thought I was over-using them.

I see PM doc tomorrow..I will talk to him about this matter.

Thanks,
Dew

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote