View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

This thread caught my eye because I had an abscessed tooth just a couple of months ago. Insane pain! Intense, throbbing, sharp searing pain. The first night I noticed a little dull throbbing, and the next day was not bad. But the second night?? Wowzers... I literally could not sleep and was in writhing pain... the kind where you literally can't sit still. I called the dentist at 7:30 that morning, and was in the chair by 8:30. He prescribed antibiotics and told me to take Ibuprofen. I said...really? ... I was up all night and that didn't touch it. He told me the antibiotics would work fast, but he did give me a script for a couple of vicodin just in case. He said not to fill it unless I needed it, but I really needed it. I was back in the drugstore by mid afternoon to fill it. Even with vicodin, it hurt, but was bearable. After two days, Ibuprofen was all I needed, but it still hurt for a week. Then I needed a root canal and crown. The cost of all that hurt just as much!!

But, yes, it was one of the most intense pains I've ever felt... right up there with childbirth... which I did without any drugs. It really surprised me that it hurt so much, and came on so quickly. And he told me I caught it early... some people wait until their entire face is swollen.

Quote:
and I wish I could take something stronger for the pain.
You might want to call the dentist back and let him know the pain is severe.

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote