View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 07:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondheart View Post
I curious to hear stories of how people were able to heal their intestines. Was removing gluten enough for you? Did you do other things, like other kinds of diets and/or supplements? Did you have to remove other foods, and could you add them back in later? How long did it take you to heal?

I think hearing other people's stories would put my journey of healing in perspective.

Thanks, Claire

Claire,

At my worst, I couldn't digest very much at all. I cut out all sugar and stuck to a fruits (not much at first), vegetables, chicken, fish, (red meat wouldn't go through), nuts (ground at first) and eggs diet. I stuck to that for about two years. Slowly I could add different foods in. I still stick pretty much to that diet but I can eat nuts etc. Also just in the last year I realize I am not as hyper sensitive to sugar as I used to be but I still stay away from it.

I take flaxseed oil every night and fish oil every now and then. I take B12 and Bcomplex pretty regularly. I can't tolerate multi-vitamins, it is very painful. I also take very expensive (Natrens Trio Trenev) probiotics every night.

It has been a very slow process for me but I am very healthy now. The damage is still there and I am unable to swim or run as of yet. The damage at the bottom near my legs is very severe. However, I have this feeling I am near the end and maybe next summer I will be able to exercise again. (I can walk 4 miles now, just nothing active like running/swimming). I am a normal weight again after a long time.

FYI - I will be GF for four years this October. I felt a little better each month after going GF but I didn't feel even close to functional again until the two year mark. I was still very skinny at year 3. I have just gained that last 5-8 lbs this year.

Grace

Last edited by graceperson; 09-11-2006 at 07:23 PM.
graceperson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote