View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I just had that question in my mind and decided to ask about it.

I don't have too many problems with TrPs anymore. I think the chiro & the really good PTs got me beyond most of those.
I did do a lot of home trigger point myself for a long time.. my life was heating pads, triggerpoint and stretching for ages it seemed at the time. The chiro appts & PT too.

For me it seems the big turn around was after we finally got rid of the worst of the TrPs, spasms and got the top ribs dropped down.

I went for 10 months not knowing why I could only recover to a certain point, and as soon as I did much of anything I was in a flare again.. but when the PT experimented on me with rib drop treatment... it was instant heaven..

I think the top ribs stayed down for the most part because the chiro was working on all the tight muscles and alignment, so the spams were gone by then. i think the spams were the cause of those ribs getting pulled up and they happened to lock or just stay raised.
Part of the hypermobile connection for me.

I'd have to look at a diagram of the top rib and clavicle again to refresh my brain - but I think the top ribs were raised up and really closing the space between them and the clavicle.
That was what caused the increases with my symptoms when I used my arms.
The blood flow was compromised more as well as some increased nerve irritation.

How do you like that I kind of hijacked my own thread...LOL

I do think it is important to know - just in case something like this might help someone else.
Hopefully they will see it and ask their Drs or PTs about it before too much damage is done.