View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had to laugh at this post (or else I would cry). I have been going through the same thing with my family for over 4 years now and they do not change. I recently sent a note to all family members and my close friends about how I am feeling and what not to say to me or to people suffering from chronic pain and I never heard a word from my family but heard from all three friends immediately. Amazing. I told them I spoke my thoughts and then was not going to say anything again because it was over 4 years and I am tired of it all. It really amazes me too how family could be like this. I just don't get it. At least I know I am not the only one out there with this problem. I had my mom look at me the other day as I was wheeling my wheelchair to the curb "Oh what's this? You mean you have to take this with you? You never use it? (I used it the day before when she was not around me). She told me that someone told her from the door entrance to the room we needed to go in was a short distance. Yes, short to them but a long walk for me. It was a mess. THen, I had a hard time sitting in regular chairs and was in alot of pain the whole time only to have another family member say to me "Oh you look so good." I wanted to slide down the chair under the table!!
Thanks,
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote