View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxgal View Post
He was tired most of the day and did end up getting a headache late in the day. I forgot to mention he has been getting migraines since he was 11. This last year they changed to classic with vision loss (same as mine). He said this was different then the migraines. During the conversation with me that he doesn't remember he said, mom this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me and there is something wrong with me.

That kind of freaked me out especially since he does not remember saying it.

Thanks again.
In your first post, I was going to say it sounded like migraine a child member of the family used to get. Then as I read, I said, no... it is more like the seizure-like episodes she very rarely got except she didn't have the vision thing during them, but got vision changes during the migraines. Regardless, the family believes they were intertwined. The fact that we label things the way we do is for man-made convenience. The reality of it is that we have complex neurologies and symptoms do what symptoms do.

Antiseizure medications may help regardless of whether they are migraines or they are seizures. Also, you may look into the possibility of requiring supplements for mitochondrial function as is sometimes helpful in pediatric cases of migraines.
Jaspar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (06-03-2009)