View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Thanks all- have no clue if this is Addison's or if it is just fatigue. Made an appointment with the endocrinologist today for June 3. Will keep you posted
June 3rd?! Wow that seems like a long way out if it is Addison's. It took my Mom six months of in and out of doctors offices and hospitals to get an answer, but Addison's wasn't suggested until the day she was diagnosed.

Not to scare you but my Mom was to the point that she couldn't move, talk or open her eyes by the time she finally got her answer. She was told that if they had waited another day she would have gone into a coma that they could not bring her out of.

She has to go to the hospital and have a shot of steroids any time she gets overly stressed, either physically or mentally. Even if it's just a stomach bug.

Is there any way you can request that they order the blood test now, that way if it is Addison's maybe they will move your appointment up? I really don't want to panic or upset you I just want to make sure you take this seriously.

My Mom leads a fairly normal life, she just can't over stress herself. After ten years with this disease her doctor has told her now that she shouldn't be working any more than a couple days a week, but it wasn't like that in the beginning, and her body didn't just attack her adrenal gland, it completely destroyed it, there's nothing left of it. Her doctor said that was fairly uncommon in Addison's.

I really hope you get an answer fast.

Good luck.
Kristie
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote