View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Don't despair...

[QUOTE=sweetz0625;497521]

Hi there,

Yup - all symptoms I dealt with at first in 2004, I seriously was afraid I would lose my sight, and not be able to remember my name for quite awhile - it's a terrible thing to go through, but I got through it. I found that I had to make myself busy, with something, anything - and when you're used to being physically active all your life, and suddenly, you can't do that, you can feel quite vulnerable - don't despair!!! You'll find things to do, once your brain has healed and you get into the right space - one thing for sure, you need to have "PATIENCE with YOURSELF" - I learned that to be the hardest thing. Remember, everything in it's own time. I'm still working in that one, but it's coming every day. I'm still fighting the effects of PCS - some days are great, other days, I can't read the newspaper - my eyesight comes and goes depending on how much pain I am suppressing - I had a Neuro Dude tell me that my eyesight was probably already less than I was accustomed to, but I had been using my will power to compensate for it - when I got hurt - the willpower had other things to do - so bye-bye sight. If I get tired, my symptoms get worse. Sleep is your friend when healing the brain and nervous system. But, remember to challenge yourself, just a bit. That tells the brain to keep growing, at least in my situation, anyway.

All the Best,

Rich
Richer09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote