View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 06:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Update on Dew via PM appt 4/28/09: Opana ER???

Well, again I was told by my PM doc that I will never be cured of RSD/CRPSI. I KNOW!!!

PM Doc also told me that blocks would not help me..would probably harm me at my stage of the disease.He stated, WC made you wait too long to have remission as a possibility. (too far gone)

Wheel Chair: I have to have lawyer deal with this issue. Doc wants me to stay as mobile as possible. Doc said the electric chairs can not be scripted for my condition,as in my current disease status. ( not far enough gone)

Also,PM doc added a new med in my already bountiful cocktail glass:

OPANA ER 10 mg. tablets taken twice a day..along with my other meds!
In Morphine family. I will see him again in 4 weeks, at which time he will bump up the mg. on the OPANA ER ( Oxymorphone;Time released).

Also, all my other meds will be scripted for 3 months and I will most likely be MMI. My maintenance schedule is to see him every 3 months..indefinitely.

I feel nausea and drowsy at the moment...at the same time

Are/Have any of you taking/taken Opana ER? If yes..what is your opinion on this pain med?

Talk to you all later.
Dew

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.

Last edited by Dew58; 04-28-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote