View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Have any of you had any "hands on" type of trigger point therapy ?
manual therapy vs injections?
If you had manual TrP tx was it helpful or not?

or do the injections come about when the "hands on" doesn't last for very long?

I've been wondering about that for quite awhile and thought I'd finally ask.

I suppose the inj are a one time thing - until they wear off
Where as the manual tx would have to be done in a certain number sessions to be sure you got them all released, as well as the latent ones.

Then after the TrPs are released you probably need to have some myofascial
release and stretching.

I suppose cost wise it's a toss up, and travel/ appt wise the inj would save time & driving.
Hi Jo, just my experience,
I do trigger points quarterly. I do massage trigger points nightly at least. I get a tennis ball and dig it into the tight areas.
This is maintance to the trigger points.

Getting something in the nerve where it inserts into the muscle gives you something to work with. Then the best thing is massages, and daily working the tightness. I have biofreeze, a sock of rice across the wings, and small blue ice on the neck and skull.

Taking care of a tos body is learning what manages your symptoms. I have copay on the trigger points. I told the doctor when I come in plan to give them I am not coming back and paying another copay as a PA was there.

Why the PA can't give them I don't understad? they do my sons at the office he goes to.

Another thing I could not live without was proffessionall biofeedback techniques. Where you watch the monitor and learn your body.
I had to teach my ds that it is not about bulling your way through the day ignoring your tos body...It is about knowing limits, managing to do things in an alternative way, getting someone else to help or do lifting, He lives each day trying o be normal, and paying for it making ER trips from pain, suffering, and not sleeping.

I think he will do bette r now with a plan. Trigger points on Friday, everyday one of us are going to work on the traps, have him do gently stretching and pool therapy for the summer.

He goes through the roof with procedure, yet I do not take anything for Epidurals, or trigger points. a pick is all I feel. for him, it is like a hot poker went into a most sensitive area in the world. His pain receptors just carry hyper signals.
good luck
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-29-2009)