View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bryanna,
Thank you so much for your quick reply.

In answer to your question, yes I am getting an implant on that tooth, they extracted it and the dentist filled it with what he called " Bone Powder" .. I assume it was some calcium compound, to help the bone grow. He said he will put in an implant next month. After reading all that can grow wrong with the implants.. yes I was stressed out. Actually I have a LOT of problems with my teeth ever since I was a child, knocked my front tooth out when I was 10, for which I have a bridge - lot of cavities filled, and some root canals and crowns. I really regret not having looked after my teeth when I was young.
When this tooth was not a good thing to have got a root canal in the first place.. and got a rootcanal, which was wrongly done.. I was suffering for past three months, eating soft foods, eating on one side only...on top of that, there was a lot going on my work front too. So I guess I could be grinding my teeth in my sleep. I had this problem few years back when I was under stress, my jaw ached and my dentist back home said I might have bruxism.( I think thats what it is called).
I will be going back home may be in 4 months, may be in 6 months.. can't say because of my job, have to leave when they say I have to. That brings it to my second question :
My dentist says after placing the implant next month, he will finish the crown 2 months after the implant, so that I can go home ( in case I have to in 4 months).. I read other threads where you said it is better to wait longer periods. Do you think it will be ok for me to have the implant soon ? Or should I wait.. which of course might be a problem if my job requires me to leave ?
I think this stress is more for me than anything else..
As far as the pain is concerned - if I am busy and don't think too much about it, it seems fine..
Thank you for your time, and reading so patiently through the long post.
I was going through the threads yesterday, and I really appreciate the way you take so much time to answer everyones' questions !
lotta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote