View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 07:08 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Confused Friday's curse

Cherie, any ideas as to what could be the cause for the unusually painful shot site?

And Doydie, "because of my own stupidity, I now have to wait through the weekend", don't be hard on yourself. Most everyone hopes inconsistencies and problems will resolve on their own without calling the doctors' office. So we tell ourselves to be patient and wait it out. Then FRIDAY happens.

...which brings me to something I feel compelled to get off my chest...Warning! Very OT!

Just what is it about Fridays, a few minutes to the close of business, the most pressing matters are presented that require immediate attention and muliple long phone calls to businessess and agencies (now closed for the weekend) to resolve?

This has started happening to me late afternoons before 3 and 4 day holidays too.

Sure was different when I worked. Then, I looked forward to a few stress free days off from work. Now that I'm retired though, the old much anticipated TGIFs or hooray-for-the-holidays have become a precursor to a wring my hands, worry myself nutz cluster of days till businesses and gov't agencies open again.

Wish someone would have warned me before I retired that I would be exchanging stressful work weeks for stressful weekends. Not that that would have changed my retiring, perhaps I'd have been a bit better preprared and not so caught off guard for this exchange-of-events though.

Used to be that weekends and holidays weren't long enough, now they're too long.

Looks like I must be having a SNL Guilda Radner (may she rest in peace) moment. Either that, or, I'm just waking up to the fact that I've turned some seemingly timeless corner and become some-old-cranky who'd just as soon cancel days off for all doctors, insurance, banking and government offices. Shudder!
new2TX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote