View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 05:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew58 View Post
Wheel Chair: I have to have lawyer deal with this issue. Doc wants me to stay as mobile as possible. Doc said the electric chairs can not be scripted for my condition,as in my current disease status. ( not far enough gone)
So then... let him answer this question for you. What are you supposed to do if you can no longer drive and you have to cover long distances, like a couple of miles, for instance to visit friends who live a few blocks away, to go to the library, to do some shopping. How are you going to do that? Are you going to grow wings and fly places? Reality check, please!

Don't they get it? It's not about "not staying mobile" at all. The scooter or chair enhances your mobility range. I stay mobile too, to the best of my (RSD) ability, and unfortunately that's only short distances and it's not improving, and I'm sorry but you and your RSD are stuck in daily life and that daily life needs to be lived and has tasks (that means going places) and with the RSD that is not made easy at all.

Would there be the same discussion if it were "just" about using a car? Do they say cars are about "not staying mobile"? Of course they don't. The car is a tool for covering greater distances. I think of my scooter that way. It contributes to my overall mobility. It functions as a bike, most of the time, and I use it to get around town (I live on the outskirts of town).

Can't answer the meds question, am taking other meds (buprenorphine).
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-29-2009)