View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 08:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imahotep View Post
I pulled away from people a few years back to try to lessen their pain if I killed myself but have since decided it wasn't fair to them or me so just quit it. Perhaps your wife has a hand in this separation or perhaps her family is just angry with her. I might try getting together with them individually after consulting the wife about it.

There are people who react very poorly to sickness or disability but it's hard to imagine her whole family would be this way.

Good luck.
I agree with you Imahotep. Some people do react poorly. But I can also relate to the wife pulling away from everyone in her family. My fiance' does the same thing. He sees my family regularly, but rarely even calls his mother. I pretty much have to say "Reed, call your Mom!!"
I personally think that Reed would stay way from everyone if given the chance. He feels so much safer in his little room, and his little world.
The the original poster, glad to meet you, but sorry it's because of RSD. you can't force your wife to do anything, but sometimes a little pushy encouragement can help. Everything is different person to person though, and you know her better than anyone. Maybe the suggestion of speaking to her family individually is the best option right now.
good luck to both of you!

Rita
Rita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote