View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 09:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default pain relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
welcome to the forum.

I have had blocks and they helped me but a lot of people get no relief from them.

As far as the patches. I have been using them for about 4 years and I love them. You can use 3 at a time and I do see relief even for my pelvic area when I put it on my left thigh area.

Anything that helps us is a blessing.

Ada

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I normally hang out in the brain injury forums & Alzhiemers...I have CRSD 2....& I care for my mom who has Alzh,Schiz,& LBD....

My Pain Clinic Doc. just Dx me w/this CRSD 2...although i have had it since my accident 9 yrs. ago. So the pain is NOT new.

Moms illness has really taken most of my time so my 3x a week PT has been reduced to once a week if I am lucky! So I find myself in much more pain these days...& like you all, looking for ways to deal.

I have been getting Cortisone injections..usually 4-5 in dif. locations, every other month....They help Sometimes. Someone had mentioned Botox for Pain relief? Has anyone tried this yet?

Currently my pain control involves a TENS unit or Two...Vicodan 3x daily, which I hate...Cortisone injections, PT that gives me a good variety of Laser treatments, Ultra sound heat, Massage, Strenghtening exercise, Heat & Ice packs, and Mylfasia Release.......

I have Not tried the pain patches yet. Are they prescription?

I have Many Pain issues, too many to descibe....just as many of you are dealing with. I know as of yet there is no "magic bullet"...but ANY relief would be so nice......Any idea's or suggestions are very welcomed...Thanks

And also, Please excuse typo's as my brain is backwards & spellcheck won't work for me
gardengrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote