View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 08:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the help

Your advice really helped. Leaving my 'babies' was soooo hard. We were so homesick for them. I called the sitter every day and sometimes twice a day. My little Rio never did get friendly with her. He has a vision problem we learned about when he got older. He doesn't focus well. So he spent the time hiding from her and she had to put his food as close to him as she could and then back away. He wouldn't go outside either. Fortunately he is well trained to the puppy pads.

We were so anxious to get home to them. When we came in the back door they were startled and it took a minute for them to come to us. And when they did, we got so many kisses. My little Cami started one of those inward sneezes that absolutely terrify me and I scooped her up to stroke her throat. We carried her outside with the other two following us and sat down on the edge of our little deck where they could all get to us. We were smothered with wet kisses, and very excited little dogs. We didn't have enough hands to pet them it seemed. Rio ran in a circle around us stopping to pee on every blade of grass to mark the circle around us as his. So funny. Copper stood on his little hind legs and begged to be picked up continuously.
And when Cami finally relaxed from the sneezes she just relaxed all over and sagged into me.

So it all ended with Cami sagged into me, Copper being picked up and held and Rio marking the territory and running back to us for more kisses and strokes continuously.

When they all settled down and seemed to get back to the business of dogs being in the outdoors, my husband and I looked at each other and I burst into tears and his eyes got very moist. It was just so good to be home and surrounded with so much love after all the abuse and discomfort I suffered.
Nothing like furry babies.

Thanks again so much.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote