View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question I am just looking at

http://www.askapatient.com/classrepo...E%20INHIBITORS

There are ERRORS in classification here.
Drugs in the list contain ace receptor antagonists...which are very
different from ACE inhibitors. So this classification is murky. and poorly done.
This concerns me.

And it is interesting that hyoscyamine is not listed under antispasmotics...this is the most commonly used after dicyclomine.

Keep in mind that the ratings contain many unusual comments. People will say the most amazing things that their drugs cause for them. Some of the
reactions are common place others are off the wall. The first page for Singulair is a good example. So keep this in mind when you read those effects.
I found some of them to be AMAZING and have never heard them voiced by patients-- I hear EVERYTHING eventually BTW. And some of the Singulair page is an example of perhaps exaggeration. People lie on the net, bamboozle. So keep that in mind. Some things are true, and others may not be. It is very hard to sift that out for a layperson. So please don't use this as an exclusive information source. Ask your pharmacist (first) and doctor as well. For example I have used Singulair for years..it has been terrific. I don't use it everyday, only when exposed to potential allergens (like penicillin dust, which is occupational for me). I don't have ANY side effects from it at all.

I could also not find who is sponsoring this site. So if anyone knows or finds that information, I'd appreciate sharing it here.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-02-2013)