View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 08:34 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

YOu sound just like me in my first year, while I was still working. Thanks to the doc not knowing what he was doing, I didn't get any therapy, and I sure should not have been working. I am now bedridden. That delayed effect you talk about is true in two ways - one, a few days later it rises from whatever you over did, and, if you really push through pain for a year or two, then you get a nice couple or more years of horrific pain like I've had. My condition would not be so entrenched and painful, rendering me totally bedridden and needing my fiance and nurse to care for me in every way now, if I hadn't pushed through that last year of working. I KNEW I was hurting myself, but never imagined such a cureless condition existed as this. I didn't know about this before.

So those are the words the world renown surgeons and neuros tell me - "entrenched, chronic, too many years of pain" when they talk about my future, and conclude that my damage is cureless.

Other people on this site get sick, get therapy immediately and stop work, get surgery within 6 months, and more therapy and seem to do pretty darn well compared to me and a couple of others who lagged behind in care.

And TOS IS the feeling that your skin is burning. Although TOS and RSD have symptoms that are the same, that hot skin is a certain RSD feeling that went from my right to my left to my back to my thighs and ankles. TOS doesn't roam like RSD does. So be careful.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote