View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 12:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Awe, I remember those days. But mine wasn't over Myasthenia, is was about having a Spinal fusion, and then again when I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension.

Having a personal relationship with the Lord, has helped me in more ways than I could ever imagine. I was a Christian long before I became ill, so going to Him for comfort came naturally to me. I pray and talk to the Lord constantly.

Calming music helps.
I also love old movies, and when my eyes allow, I love to read, knit, paint, garden.
Having said that, i have to say, that when I was in the mist of extreme stress, actually doing something was hard, my body didn't want to work with me. So, going for rides out in the country, talking with someone, educating myself, also helped.

I know this is a very confusing, and stressful time for you. And my best advice would be to gather as much information as you can, and ask you doctor all of them. Google everything if you can.
I also, down loaded the conferences, and listened carefully to what the experts had to say.
Learn how you react to things, and listen to your body when it screams for rest. "This is Not easy to do" !!!!! (not that I'm ratting myself out or anything..)But it is a Must!

Erin, gonna pray you over-come your fear of needles. For someone like us, that's an annoying fear. Okay, so , will you pray I overcome my total irrational fear of worms??? I mean, at least your's is some what rational. It can hurt to get stuck with a needle........ When gardening, I've been know to invent some pretty weird tribalish looking dances. Kind of embarrassing .
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote