View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 01:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default always trust your instincts

Hey. I just thought you should know that doctors brush off everything they are ignorant of. I went to 6 different doctors about abdominal pain on one side that spread. I had had kids and so many ultrasounds that I should glow in the dark! All those doctors told me that I had cramps - there was nothing to worry about or to do about it. My own mother told me that I was going to have to get used to having cramps this bad and just find a medication to work on them. I finally found a doctor that took me seriously. After throwing up before my period for years, several miscarriages, and 2 ectopic pregnancies later, at the age of 26, I had a hysterectomy. No more kids for me because nobody took the time to find out what was wrong. My miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies could have been avoided. I almost died with one of them. My only point is NEVER doubt your instinct. Some things don't seem serious until you find out the cause. I never thought that having menstral cramps would cause me to have lost babies or lose my ability to have them at all. After all, every woman gets them, right? Wrong! My doctors were swamped and unconcerned. I didn't have to lose those babies and you don't have to suffer. Trust me. Nothing that seems wrong to you should be blown off because the "experts" say it's nothing. Find yourself a doctor who cares and listens. It's worth the time it takes. And you might want to look into some sort of state assistance. They have programs that discount medical insurance for people who work and they might be able to help you pay for some of the additional costs like medications. There are a ton of programs out there. Ask around. Go to social services. Even if they can't help you, they can usually guide you to someone who can. It's worth the trip in to see them. Good luck.
reeseszverra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote