View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default It's always hard to tell IF

or when it's nerves dying or nerves regrown and just 'connecting'.

I've tried to find any research put in a manner that we the patients could understand. There is very little out there, and the largest portion of work centers on spinal cord regeneration.

But, here goes w/my take on it all: medicos have a fairly clear idea of how nerves die, they can track it thru biopsies and certain chemistry action/reactions that happen during that process. Regrowth tho, is a bit more obscure, to some, it's a similar process as nerves dying...but in reverse. To others all kinds of new protiens, antigens, chemistry and vitamin and mineral binding actions occur.... It is downright confusing.

One aspect I have been able to grasp [I think] is that when those new nerves connect and activate you get that buzzy-shock like vibrating aspect as the new nerve is sending out signals 'I'm HERE! Now What?' In my case, they seem to be random and last about 30 seconds to 5 minutes...then stop. Never occurs in the same place twice and it's not occurring on both legs/feet or hands at the same time.

I am making a teeny bit of progress and after my infusions yesterday one part of one foot got buzzy, and then the other ankle did at a different time. I keep telling my self that THIS IS GOOD! Hope springs eternal?

Good vibrations to all! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote