View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Vic,
I read most of what you have wrote and I did put this into save so I can read the rest of it and run it off also so I can have a copy to read.

We had a guy in our group that went down to see Dr. Swartzman and all I could see that he got from him was a Tshirt showing where his RSD is. The Dr. had this test done that shows the RSD areas in Red and the area that is well in green. Then this guy came home and had a tshirt made by the test results.

As far as I knew he didn't do anything medical for him. He stayed down there 2 weeks.

I watched Montel one day and he said that diseases that donot have enough people with them to warrent money going into the research was caused Orphan disease. I had never heard that term used before.

What you are saying makes sense. I was also diagnosed with Central Sensitization Syndrome and I was told because I had it a pain pump wouldn't work for me. I think that was a line of bull to save money from not putting the pain pump in. One other girl on this forum had saw the same Dr. I saw and he had told her the same.

I would say that these Drs. are doing a lot of guessing on what to do for us to help us. If the research isn't being done to find out more about this disease and what to do for it then it just stands to reason they are experimenting with the meds they do use.

When my RSD comes out full force I have no meds here that does anything for the pain. I have had ketamine and lidocaine shots and they do help for some pain but I can't say it's for the RSD pain.

Thanks for such an interesting essay to read and learn from.

I am glad to see you post and I hope you are doing better.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote