View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 06:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

TxBatman - you are such a Republican!

I think you honestly reflect the reason Specter left the Republican Party. I believe he was ostracized for his positions on many issues. He was probably in a similar position as Joe Lieberman was/is for the Democrats.

Joe Lieberman could not win as a Democrat so he became an Independent. Democrats probably tolerated him even when he openly campaigned for McCain.

There is no doubt that Specter could not keep his position in 2010 as a Republican. He cut a deal with the Democrats to try to keep a seat in Congress.

He will be on the center stage in many issues. He is like the wild card in the deck.

He is not the pond scum. Democrats are putting together a stimulus package, not a spendulus package.

Republicans seem to favor solidarity in voting, not individual voting. Does he reflect the voting public in PA? That is the question. He does not reflect the Republican voter in the majority rule of red states, I bet.
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-29-2009), Bets (04-30-2009), Dejibo (04-30-2009), ewizabeth (04-29-2009), mrsD (04-29-2009), SallyC (04-29-2009)