View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Hi Becky's mom!

Yep, no doubt about it, MG stinks! I don't remember who said it, but it was something like "Wonder-woman one day, blunder-woman the next" - well put!

I too overdo when I feel good, which MAY have contributed to my back compression fracture - I was moving a sofa of all things on a day I felt great!

It is really, really ez to overdo it when you feel great, but then be prepared for a few really rough days...........simply put, my neuro tells me to do 80% of what I think I can do - that's it! Easier said than done!

Hang in there! It does get better! Just TRY and take it somewhat ez until you level off......you'll get there!

Big, big hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysmom View Post
Well my neuro appt last week went very well. I told him of my suspecting MG. He did an exam that included repetive muscle strength testing- I was amazed how weak my muscles were esp. my legs. He told me of all the testing that could be done to confirm a dx-but that a trial of mestinon would be just as difinitive. I really love my neuro-he spent alot of time with me and his main concern was my "leaky gut" which predisposes me to my autoimmune disorders--Celiac-Sjorgren's-MG. A supplemental diet of nutrients-vits that are to repair this has been started.( I have alot of gut issues since radiation tx for cervical ca 2003). So I was surprised how subtle my reaction to 30mg x 4 of mestinon was! I kept testing my muscles-stairs etc to see if I could tell, remember I'm still unsure of dx of MG. Before you know it I'm doing dishes, laundry making dinner AFTER a trip down to Sacramento-which always wipes me out! I've worked 1 1/2 days of hard yard work outside, which left me near tears- muscle aches, incredible jaw eye pain, weakness-I could not believe how one could feel so incredibe to terrrible within hours--I'm just now getting back to normal-whatever that is!