View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Whirlwind, This is just my opinion, okay? I think your neuro is out of his league. Most neuros will "try" to save your adrenals by having an "every other day" short term course of Prednisone. Or doing a few days higher and then a quick taper and every other day. Prednisone should not be given out like candy! You can very easily, after six weeks, get "hooked" on it long-term if you don't take it carefully.

If he did not explain all the effects of Prednisone, then he needs to.

I'm wondering if what you had was not an allergic reaction per se but an adverse reaction (increased bronchial secretions making existing allergies worse). I'm no expert but neither is a neuro. An allergist should've evaluated you. There are tests they can do (blood) to see if you are actually having an allergic reaction to Mestinon.

I am not a doctor but I don't have a good feeling about the advice you are getting from this neuro. It doesn't reflect the advice I've gotten or seen other MGers get from MG experts.

I don't mean to discourage you!!! But Pred is a big gun drug and can have LOTS of side effects. Can you see your allergist soon? They usually have same day appts. if you call first thing in the morning.

Sorry if this upsets you!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote