View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I guess I'm "Miss Contrary" today. Sorry.

A trial of Mestinon is NOT considered definitive in the diagnosis of MG. Did anyone even do the MG antibody tests or the MuSk Antibody tests? Most neurologists consider an EMG, whether it's an RNS, EMG or SFEMG to be the gold standard.

Mestinon, in small doses, can actually make people who don't have MG feel better. It can also temporarily make people's muscles with a few other diseases feel better.

Does this neuro have any experience with MG? I don't mean to be offensive but what if you change neuros at some point and another neuro doubts your diagnosis because it was based on a clinical exam only? I've been through too much and seen to much to not at least give you this caution.

I hope you feel better/less weak, since that's one of the goals if you have MG. The other goal is to stop or slow down the autoimmune process. What if you are offered Prednisone or Imuran or Cellcept and you don't have truly definitive test results?

Please don't be angry. I'm just being honest, given my experiences and knowledge.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote