View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

The LEDs I am using, L1070-66-60, were purchased from Maribeni in California. I think the LEDs were made either in Japan or China. Their quote at the time was about $400 each. I think a bit more than $400, $417 seems to ring a bell but I'm not sure. As I mentioned, I bargained for a couple of weeks and got the price reduced somewat for the 50 I bought but I'm not sure what the current situation is and whether the price can be bargained down again. 50 LEDs at $400 each would indeed be $20,000. The good news is that the other electronics parts are less than $500. I would be happy to go into more detail with you including my sisters response to treatment and her present condition but would prefer to do that via Email rather than in an open forum. You may Email me at jerrypack at gmail dot com.

JPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConniVel View Post
Jpak,

I was/am very happy to read your message. You are motivated and organized. I also appreciate the fact that you are concerned about whether or not your device is safe.

Yes, I am interested in having a helmet/device built so that my mother could try it.

However, first of all, I have a question for you.

You write, “There are two primary problems with this LED. It is very expensive and sells for about $400 each from Marubeni.”

When you say, “$400 each”--do you mean each LED? (50 LED’s at $400 each LED would be $20,000 for the LED’s only, without adding the cost of other parts. That would be expensive indeed.)

Please clarify.

I thank you ahead of time for your attention to this message.

Sincerely,

ConniVel
Florida

PS. What is your sister's condition, if you don't mind my asking?
jpack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-02-2009)