View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for all of your advice! The big day is approaching soon (next Tuesday) and I'm so nervous. I feel very comfortable with my dentist/anesthesiologist and oral surgeon...who supposedly is "the man" to go to here in NY for difficult implant cases.

I will be having implant-supported bridges placed (not removable)...4-8 implants on top, same for the bottom.

They are going to have to place the implants wherever there is the most bone, but he believes that it can be done.

From everything I've read, I also thought 2 weeks was a bit soon. As soon as the teeth are extracted they are going to do molds and make me a temporary denture, so I will not have to face the embarrassment of being toothless for too long (thank God!)

I will check back after the extraction and let you all know how it went.

Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi JKMMC,

I'm glad that you had the CT scans done because that shows a very clear picture of your skeletal structure with relation to your bite, along with the degree of deterioration of the jawbone and any lesions that may be present. I am glad that the studies show that you are a good candidate for dental implants!

In an extreme case such as yours, I personally have never heard of placing full mouth implants as soon as 2 weeks post extraction surgery. Even 3 months seems a bit soon, but every case is different and as you said, it all depends on how well the extraction sites heal. Are they placing implants for individual crowns and/or bridges? Or are they implants for full dentures?

I know this is a scary journey as it is very unfamiliar territory for anyone who has never experienced it. From my experience, the outcome is generally very good and hopefully yours will be too! It is great to hear that you are feeling very positive everything!

It is always a good idea to fully understand what your treatment plan is going to be as well as what you need to do during the healing phase so you are fully prepared to take care of yourself. It is also a good idea to ask what the anticipated time frame is from the time of the extractions to the final delivery of your permanent replacement of teeth.

It would be interesting to follow your progress as you move along. So I hope that you visit us and keep us posted on how things are going!!

All the best to you!
Bryanna
JKMMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote