Thread: betaseron
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 01:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to the Beta club. I'm a newbie too but have eight painful, bruised, red, blotchy round discs to prove my allegiance. I'm probably not the best advocate for the drug since I'm having a rough time of it; but I'm going to stick with it.
My experience so far has been;
Took the full dose straight away- just to see how bad it could get- and never took less than full.
Some days are better than others.
Belly shot gives less flu but quicker to take hold.
Legs are painful to the extreme for a week or more after shot.
Buttocks are less painful but the flu hits me harder a lot later after taking it.
The day after is usually worse than the flu episode. It's like hangover plus one.
It's either a shot day (woohoo! look forward to that-not) or a recovery day. Neither are that great.
I'm having trouble fitting my life around treatment and recovery. Work is on hold.
Some days I think it's worse than the disease itself and I've taken so much on faith and 'research' that maybe I should take the natural no treatment road like others and be free...
I have had the most awful cold to contend with as well this last week and a half which really hasn't helped.

Keep us up to date with your progress. Would be interested to hear how you (or anyone else) is getting on.
pud's friend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote