View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 07:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you - you are very helpful. Yes.. I think I understand what you mean.
I can only hope that my work lets me stay for that period of time. Otherwise, I don't know what else I can do... only other option seems is to get the implant done here and the crown in my home country ? I don't even know if its possible. Otherwise, I have to wait till I get to my country.. which I don't even know when, in three months time or six months. Six months may be too much to leave the extracted site open ..

Or is it better to get a bridge ? I asked the dentist, he said since the other two teeth were fine, and an implant will cost the same as a bridge with two teeth on either side.. and its better for me to have an implant.
Should I change my mind and have a bridge done instead ? then it would be cutting the teeth on either side.. and dentist already said its better to have implant...

This is too confusing, I know... sorry to be such a terrible patient !
I think for me, now that they messed up one tooth, my faith in them is shaken. I am not even sure they will do a good job on the implant. Its because I don't have insurance, and they are one of the more affordable dentist is why I have gone to them ( they have good recommendations)..
but then...now when I said I will be going back to my home country.. will they do a shoddy job since any way I will not come back to them ? What if the implant fails ? what should I do then ?
First instance, he had said that the implant will take six months in all. Then when I said I might not be here for so long, he said " oh, may be then we can do it sooner for you". So... I don't know !

Any way, thank you so much for your kind and patient responses ! God bless you !
lotta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote