View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When my MG flares, the big thing is weakness - not pain. I think sometimes before the muscles give up they are straining so there is some of that just before, but really the big thing is this EXTREME weakness. A coffee cup feels like it weighs 100 lbs. My eyes and facial muscles are usually the last to get involved with me, but I'm a strange case I hear. Mine is generalized and tends to hit either my upper back and neck, or my legs first. The rest just follows if I don't stop and rest in time - domino style.

Magnesium is a definite no-no with MG. I am on metoprolol as well, but a VERY low dose. My neuro was fine with that and I've not noticed any problems that I can link to it.

You may want to go on the vitamins and supplements forum and see what info you can find there about what supplements may be warranted due to the drugs you're on. Make sure to talk to your doc about ANY thing you may want to take, though. I found out the hard way that because MG is relatively rare there aren't clinical trials run on MGer's for drugs before they are approved.

Your flare symptoms almost sound like you could have a viral infection (body aches and eye pain) that may be aggravating your condition. How long have you been in this flare?

Becky
ras1256 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote