Old 04-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle View Post
I got the results today, of coarse the rsd showed worsening since my last scan and abnormalities of my right hand (duh I told him it had spread!) He said that he wants and mri of my back and to rule out infections...I told him my back does hurt but I had an old wc claim that covered that and he said it would take too long to re-open, I tend to feel it is just swelling and showing the rsd has spread (guess a nurses' opinion doesn't count with him) especially since he won't even admit the arm spread.
I'm sorry that the bone scan showed a worsening of the RSD! I really hope that you can get some relief soon and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I agree with what Sharrie said that if you had an underlying back problem that hasn't been fixed, it could be causing problems with your legs. A close friend of mine had an herniated disc in her back and she had a lot of leg turn and swelling. The Doctors diagnosed her with RSD just after I was diagnosed but they now beleieve that it could be the back problems creating the pain and other symptoms in her foot. Never be afraid to tell your doctors of any new symptoms - I know it is scary at times but it is important that they know to try and help you and the first time you put it down to being 'just RSD', it will probably turn out to be something else that may be easy to get fixed!!

[QUOTE] My left leg and foot are swollen, both feet are purple and sore, I can't wear shoes today because i can't fit into them. [QUOTE]

I can SO relate to that problem!! I have RSD in my left leg and both arms and my leg swells up a lot! I actually had to be hospitalised a last year as my doctor thought I had a blood clot or compartment syndrome because the swelling was so bad and appeared over night. All of the tests came back OK apart from some pretty bad tissues swelling so my doctor said it was the RSD but I think he was still really concerned about it.

My swelling goes up and down. Sometimes it can be really bad (like 3 times its normal size) and other times, it can just be "mild". The swelling has never fully gone and varies day by day and as to how much walking I have done etc. If I overdo it too much, I tend to find that the swelling goes up quite a bit.

I went nearly 18 months without wearing a shoe or sock. Mainly because of the hypersenstivity and partly because of the swelling as I couldn't get any shoes to fit. I went onto an Intense PT Program last year and they made me start wearing shoes and socks again to try and get rid of the hypersenstivity. I still have LOTS of pain when I wear my shoes but try and 'cope' with it if I can. My foot tends to swell in shoes also after a short period of time so I can only wear Ugg Boots at the moment.

Take care and i'm sorry that you are having to deal with this - just know that I understand and if you ever need someone to talk to, I am here! I hope you get some answers real soon!