View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 10:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Ali,

I was on Lyrica for about 2 weeks..and had to get off as I gained 20 POUNDS within that time, and I felt drunk when I was on it! I was prescribed 4, 150 mg. capsules per day.

It was horrible. I stopped after I had an incident where I kept repeating the same word over and over" windshield,windshield,windshield,windshield"..and could not stop hysterical laughter (for over 20 miles in a car w/family). They thought I was hilarious, but my tears from the laughter were not from happiness, it was pain!
We had just left the carwash in my son's car..and I was looking at the windshield..and out came the word...I had no control over my speech at all. Scared me,BIG TIME!

My withdrawal symptoms included wild nightmares..I can't imagine what the withdrawal symptoms would have been if I had stayed on it longer
It took me 2 more weeks to drop that 20 lbs that packed on from the use of the med. I still felt burning pain..this drug is not right for me. What does work is 2400 mg. of Neurontin;Cymbalta;Ultram ER 300 mg, and now, Opana ER.

Hang in there
Dew

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote