Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew58 View Post
Ali,

I was on Lyrica for about 2 weeks..and had to get off as I gained 20 POUNDS within that time, and I felt drunk when I was on it! I was prescribed 4, 150 mg. capsules per day.

It was horrible. I stopped after I had an incident where I kept repeating the same word over and over" windshield,windshield,windshield,windshield"..and could not stop hysterical laughter (for over 20 miles in a car w/family). They thought I was hilarious, but my tears from the laughter were not from happiness, it was pain!
We had just left the carwash in my son's car..and I was looking at the windshield..and out came the word...I had no control over my speech at all. Scared me,BIG TIME!

My withdrawal symptoms included wild nightmares..I can't imagine what the withdrawal symptoms would have been if I had stayed on it longer
It took me 2 more weeks to drop that 20 lbs that packed on from the use of the med. I still felt burning pain..this drug is not right for me. What does work is 2400 mg. of Neurontin;Cymbalta;Ultram ER 300 mg, and now, Opana ER.

Hang in there
Dew

Thank you Dew! As I mentioned in my previous post, this was from last year so thankfully, i'm not having the withdrawal symptoms now! It was absolutely horrendous coming off the Lyrica and it is something I never want to deal with again lol!

I'm sorry that you had problems on it also. I also gained a LOT of weight on Lyrica (I think it was about 30lbs in 2 months) and even though I am now off the Lyrica, the weight asn't come off. I never used to be really skinny but was just the right size and now I am overweight. My mum has contacted a program where we live to try and help disabled kids lose weight without having to exercise that much and they said that they would accept me as long as I got a GP's referal. I just want this weight to be gone ... i'm sick of not being able to fit into my old clothes ... I wouldn't mind too much if the Lyrica helped me but it didn't!!!

Thanks again for your post - i'm sure it will help someone and i'm sorry that you had a rough time on Lyrica also!!
Dew58 (04-30-2009)