View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSbe View Post
Sorry for going off-topic a bit...

How big are these SCS devices? Larger than a pacemaker? Smaller? About that size? I'd think that they would be able to at least make them as small as possible for it to be comfortable. And if they are too uncomfortable for men, then what are women supposed to do? A woman's body is smaller. That's just another thing I didn't know about SCS. I had heard about loose leads and shocks coming from the devices, but this too is a major disadvantage. Thanks for sharing!
God Bless my 2 SCS! they are about the size of a pacemaker. I am a smaller sized woman and yes they do stick out a bit. They are purposely implanted just under the skin. They do have to be changed every 7-10 years like a pacer and if they were implanted deeper... the thought makes me shudder. The benefits far outwiegh the risks for me personally. I don't worry about bumping then generators. I have one on each side of my rib cage and I sleep on my side on them. Hell I even wear a two piece bathing suit on occasion. My apin level is more important to me me than what I look like. If I look unuuasual to someone that is their problem not mine. I live my life a little lumpier but with less pain.
kilikina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote