View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 10:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Nancy, I'm so glad I was able to ease your mind a little. The very highest I was on Prednisone was 60mg daily, and then it fluctuated between 40, and 30 for a couple of years, and then down to 20 daily, and right now, I'm at 10mg daily, but will have to go up in a couple of weeks, as the CycloSporine may be causing more damage to my kidneys.
I won't know for certain until I get the kidney biopsey in a few weeks.
10mg is the lowest I've every been on, and I was getting excited cause we were going to try to lower it again, but now we can't.
Anytime before I was on CycloSporine, anything below 20, would caused a terrible crash. So, I'm very excited that I'm down to 10.
It really depends on how ones illness is, and how bad,.etc.
20 every other day, is also very standard, and isn't too bad at all. I know someone who is on 160mg daily, Cellcept, and Ivigs, and something else, can't remember. So, I consider myself blessed that I'm down to 10mg daily.
I've never done the every other day thing. I wish I had, cause I think weaning would have been easier I think.
Oh, and some people, although rare, but it's there, have lost weight on prednisone. And my craving for food are for fresh veggies, so that's turned out good for me.
LOL..I do know a person, who for 6 months wanted nothing but peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches..Poor thing. I just can't imagine.
I'm sure you'll do fine. It does sound like your neuro is following the traditional route in treating this, so that's good.
And Again, so happy things are working out for the two of you.
It can take a while to get to know your doctor, and his personality. He might be a quiet one...smiles

Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote