View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your bad dental experience! As the others said though ... at least it is over now and you got through it!!

I had a root canal at the beginning of this year when I had the abscessed tooth and it was really painful! The Dentist had to inject me 7 times before the anaesthetic began to take affect! With my RSD (which is similar to MS), I often need more anaesthetic otherwise it doesn't take effect. My Pain Management Doctor said that I need twice as much anaesthetic as a normal person.

The Dentist kept hitting my nerves and it was really painful! She said though that a normal person would just scream and go running out where as because I have chronic pain, I don't feel it as much and can sort of 'tolerate' it as it's not as bad as the pain I deal with on a daily basis!

Once the root canal was over though and everything settled down, everything was OK and I felt a lot better for it!

I hope you feel better soon!

I actually feel a little bit better than I did after my last post in this thread.

I just noticed that the sensation of numbness in my left hand has let up. It's been a sort of constant sensation in my ring finger and index finger since Christmas, and it's been getting better all week since I started taking antibiotics, and it's feeling a lot less numb than it did this morning. It's still there, but not as tingly as it has been.

I wonder if it works that fast? Taking away the infection by having the dentist clean it out? That would be amazing if it works that way. I doubt it does. It's probably from the antibiotics I've been taking to kill the infection.

The anaesthetic feels like it's starting to metabolize out of me too. The numbness has let up in the last half hour.

I'm just afraid I'm going to damage the temporary filling. I'm scared to eat anything. I think I'm having spaghetti tonight.

It's weird. It felt like I had pressure in my jaw around that tooth for the longest time. Now that the dentist cleaned it out, it feels like someone let some of the pressure off. I guess I didnt realize just how bad it had gotten. I think that tooth has needed a root canal for a loooooong time...like since before I got diagnosed with the MS. (diagnosed in 2007. I've had soreness there for years) I wonder if that tooth is one of the reasons my MS appeared when it did.

I'm blaming that tooth for why the MS gremlins have been so active, screwing around with my body for the past few months.

I thought I felt better (MS-wise) after having the dental work last month...that only lasted about two weeks. I was feeling kind of weak and unsteady the last week and a half.

I cant wait for this tooth to get it's little crown. Then I wont be so scared of damaging the tooth.

I hope that finally getting all this dental work finished the MS will calm down some more.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote