View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 05:12 PM
buckwheat

buckwheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaA View Post
Roz, I am fully aware of the content of oxygen in the air we breathe. I am a diver.
As A matter of fact. I think this is the perfect oportunity for me to share this great story with everyone!
I got a call from the manufacturer who sold me my HBO Chamber, asking me if I would considering doing a favor for him. I said sure if you'll do one for me. He said "you go first". I did. I ask him if he would make a personal call to a NT friend that had a young family member that had RSD and give her some council. He said "of course". So I ask what I could do for him. He told me that he had been contacted by one of our very prominate Pulmonary MD's, that had a mother-in-law who had Alzheimers for nine years and was failiing rapidly. Would I consider HBO treatments with them? She is a mother of nine children, Engineers, doctors, nurse, teacher and 2 sheriff's locally. She did not recognize any of them. I told him to have the Doctor call me. He is a Pulmonary MD at our newest hospital. When the Doctor called me, and I met with the family I had to say yes.
Every day was like the movie "50 first dates". After the 32nd dive, she walked out to the car and looked at the lady sitting in the car to pick her up (a Nurse, her daughter) and said for the first time in NINE years "That's my daughter". The tears flowed from everyone including me!
The next day after a dive, she looked at my guitar and said "I used to play that". I handed her my guitar and she played chords and sang "Crazy by Patsy Cline". We all cried again! And I can tell you ROZ, that she continues to make progress. We are all grateful! Her care taker said, she pulled out rollers and said "I use to roll my hair, let me show you how". She now dresses herself and is more interactive and communicates more now that ever. There is so much of this amazing story, that I would love to share with everyone, but time and space limit me.
Long story short, the doctor will be setting up an HBO clinic here. The family is very thankful for my efforts. They are coming to see me tomorrow to bring her to visit me. Her husband was in the hospital when she was having the dives and he wants to come thank me personally. She will get more dives and she will improv !
Thanks for the opportunity to share this story. I really had wanted to share this personal journey with this group but wasn't sure how to approach it.
I can also have the pulmonary doctor and his family write of these experience and how he think that HBO has mended a very broken family. But, I think I'll leave this thread for the last time on this note. Sincerely,
Diana

Dear Diana,

I had to go to go to a Pulmonary MD after my HBO treatment, he explained quit a bit to me. HBO is and can with some people be very dangerious, and life threating. Not to mention I had to have a sprial CT scan afterwards etc..

I have never seen anyone with Alzheimer's have a purple limb. RSD is not Alzheimer's, at least I wasn't DX with that. I really don't think HBO would help Alzheimer's by itself. She must be on another treatment as well.

I would like to know the Pulmonary MD that is recommending such a thing, because he is at high risk for looseing his license.

Roz