View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Mrs. D:
You said: "Clindamycin is very hard on the GI tract, but is useful for deep tissue infections and bone infections(anaerobic). It can cause severe colitis in some people. It is called a lincosaminde."

Uh, I'm looking at a bottle of Clindamycin right in front of me. Dated 12/26/05. It was prescribed for me before my dentist's appointment in the beginning of January 2006 because I have mitral valve prolapse. I took 4 capsules prior to my appointment for a cleaning. I also had two crown two weeks later so I took some more then too.

Also, two years ago, for some dental work, I took this product. The dosage on the little bottle says 150 MG CA (don't know what CA means??)

Since we now know this didn't kill me, or have an negative affect on my GI tract, is it safe for me to take these when I have my next appointment (in two months). I have 8 pills left. Are they still good? I would hate to have to buy more, but I guess if I have to, I have to.

Now i was diagnosed with the beginning of neuropathy about May of 2006. Just the tips of my toes. I didn't get it from this drug did I?? I've been diabetic for 19 years.

Jeez, who knew that antibiotics could give you PN???

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-02-2013)