View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 03:45 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Cipro/Flagyl

When one has lots of drug allergies (I'm allergici to the cillans, sulfas) any of these are a problem - and PN - creates all kinds of problems! I was given CIPRO for assumed food poinsioning (was taken off it after 4 days due to bad side affects and the fact that the food poisioning tests came back negative) - but got C-Difficile Toxin from the Cipro... for the next six months I was in and out of the hospital being treated with Flagyl and Vancomycin (oral) to try to kill the C-Difficile - not only did the flaygl kill my C-Diff - but my sensory nerves (completely) I had mild nerve damage prior to starting treamtment - six months later (a week after finishing treatment - which had to be done repeatedly 'cause the C-Diff kept coming back) - I had no sensory nerve conduction and came to find out its a known neuro-toxin and can GIVE you PN - so if you already have it - you have to really stand up to your doc and find out alternatives.... I also havent had a meal of solid food since in almost 6 years because of the autonimic damage it caused.... my philosphy - never take anti-b's unles you KNOW you have an infection or Melody - with a heart condition (I have to do the same) - they usually give you a high dose of anti-b's the day you have work done - as a safeguard.....
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-02-2013)