View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Depression isn't an easy beast to tame. Hubby not doing too well, huh? It's hard on everyone around too. You get a hug too.

I'm sure your hubby don't want to be depressed. If he really could, he would fix it. I'm sure you've ran the gambit of what's within your reach. I don't know what would be after ECT. That's hard to go through.

It's good that you found this forum. There are lots of good people here that will offer their advice. It will help just knowing you're not alone. We understand.

I hoped over to get the link to our depression forum for you and see you're posted there. I hope you and hubby find peace soon.

(Broken Wings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineOnTheScene View Post
My husband has been struggling with depression for at least 5 years. It took 3 years to get a diagnosis (bi-polar, mostly depressive.) No psychiatric drugs have helped--he is totally incapacitated. He can't work, can't do much of anything. His disease is resistant to everything. After going through all psychiatric drugs, we were referrred to a university hospital for ECT treatments (elctro-convulsive therapy.) He has now gone through 11 treatments and there is a little progress. I don't know where else to turn...what's after ECT if it doesn't work?

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote