View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 03:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have two of those (for my bilateral footdrops) except rather than that lace up type boot, I have a broad strap that goes from the heel and wraps over the top of my foot like the strap of a shoe. The strap (about 2 inches wide) sits just above the point where my shoe ends, and stops my feet from popping out of the splint, which they otherwise do.

How does the lace up thing work ? Does it fit into a regular shoe, and how thick it is ?

Actually, I have found some fabulous shoes to wear with AFO's - not very fancy, but the have three different sized innersoles which can be removed to provide extra room for the othotic to fit. I love them, as otherwise my shoes always feel tight with my AFO sitting in them.

here is a link to them - they are designed for diabetics who of course suffer from neuropathy, which makes them great shoes for anyone with neuropathy or those who need extra room in their shoes for orthotics.

http://www.instrideshoes.com/

Next time I have any spare cash (like that is going to happenen anytime soon) I am going to buy a second pair as i have just a plain basic black pair. They work better than ordinary trainers are they have more space inside the shoe with the extra insoles removed.

best of luck with your splint - you may find you have to break them in and let your skin get used to being splinted all the time, so watch out for sore spots on your skin and take evasive action before you get a blister.

cheers

raglet
Raglet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote